Friday, October 31, 2008

My First ' meme'

I have been tagged by Isa . for a Random Facts 'meme'. Although Isa says that she is not sure what a 'meme' is, it suits me perfectly. IT"S ALL ABOUT ME, FOLKS!

So here are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you. Post the following rules on your blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post. Let each person know he or she has been tagged. Let the tagger know when your entry is up -- that is posted.

Here goes, folks.
1. Having never donated blood in my life, I heard on the radio yesterday that I am now too old to do so. Guess you can figure out from that which decade I'm in.

2. I have two sons - one from each side of the brain. Charlie
is a Civil Engineer .He lives in Hearst Ontario and works for Villenueve Construction. He builds roads and bridges and studied such things as 'Soil" and "Concrete".

Peter
is an artist. He paints urban landscapes with oil on canvas. He studied such things as art history and sculpting nudes. In Toronto he is represented by the Mira Goddard Gallery

3. I have three beauteous grandchildren.

They all belong to Charlie. We keep waiting for Uncle Peter to get married, but ...

4. All my life I have been interested in fashion design. As a teenager I sewed all my own clothes. When I was about 30 I learned to knit and have been knitting passionately ever since. I don't know where these genes came from. My Mother was the first to tell anyone that she couldn't even sew on a button.

5. The best job I ever had was working at London Yarns. Janet, the store owner was (still is, I'm sure) a wonderful boss. I worked two days per week. Mondays I worked with Patti- Ann who became and remains - despite my moving three hours away from London - a very close and special friend.

6.Last, but not least by any means, I want to mention my wonderful husband of 41 years, Fred.

Although I could write romantic, sappy stuff about him, for sure, I think the best - well the funniest - description of Fred is the one I read on a birthday card. " Honey - you are my best friend, my lover, my soul mate.
And sometimes all three of you p--- me off."
Hee Hee. That's my Fred.

Well, there you have it. And although, this is so much like a chain letter that I cringe as I type this, I am tagging Patrick, Marian, El, Doug, Terri and my token non-Canadian, Lucy

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture of you & Fred!

OzB said...

Awww Brenda. Thanks so much for playing. Now you won't have to worry about knitting mysteriously unravelling while you sleep [LOL].

It was very interesting to read about you. The pic of you and Fred is lovely. Peter looks like a really nice guy, and Charlie looks just like his Dad. Your grandchildren are so cute.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely family!
I'll see what I can come up with this week. I'm not very good at these things.