Friday, January 22, 2010

We Believe

Last week at knit group, I asked if anyone was interested in doing a Meaford Knit Group Knitting Olympics.

Following the same rules as Stephanie created during the 2006 winter Olympics, we would choose a project that aims to achieve the knitting equivalent of the Olympic motto, Citius, Altius, Fortius. (Swifter, Higher Stronger) We would cast on during the opening ceremonies, knit during the Olympics and consider ourselves gold medalists only if we finished before the end of the closing ceremonies.

Yesterday the verdict was in. At least five of us are going for the gold. Wilma, Gail, Nicki, Sharon and myself.

Although the other four have not yet absolutely decided for sure what they will knit, I know. My 2010 Olympic project will be Elizabeth Zimmermann's Green Sweater. The pattern recently developed by Sunday Holm for this next generation of knitters to enjoy. Meaford rules allow us to wind wool, get gauge, etc before the opening ceremonies.

Let The Games Begin. I'm off to wind some green wool.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh boy, oh boy, I can't wait to see this EZ green sweater in action. I will be taking vicarious pleasure in it while you knit. Hope you don't mind.

Sel and Poivre said...

Double Ditto what Deb said!

Nicki said...

I'm looking forward to you doing the EZ sweater. Will two weeks be enough? I will be doing two weeks of serious stash busting. I'm hoping to attain the "Swifter" part of the motto. Although, I might attain the "Higher" and "Stronger" part of the motto if I just knit non-stop and don't shower!