Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Flu

By now, you all know that both Fred and I, not to mention a few other family members, have been sick with the stomach flu over the holidays. Days after the onslaught, my stomach still sloshes from time to time.

Personally, I make a really terrible patient. I blame it on my normally excellent health. Having had such limited experience with sickness, I have no benchmark for good - or even appropriate- patient behaviour.

But it has occurred to me over the last few days that perhaps a better attitude might help.

SO in the spirit of less whining, less thinking only of self, less b----ing, here is my

'New & Improved Attitude Towards The Stomach Flu' list.
1. I haven't had to meal plan or cook for days.
2. Our grocery bill this past week was $0.00
3. My bathrooms haven't been so sanitized in a long time.
4. I have already lost all my holiday-season weight gain.
5. We haven't had to put gas in the car for days.

Lastly, Fred and I slept in separate bedrooms during the flu so as to spare each other the passing and re-passing of germs, and -

6.Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Glad you found the up-side of your ordeal...and hope you're feeling much better.

Gina C.