Friday, March 27, 2009

Pushy Jacket

Today's post was to be about Christie's jacket and Abi's Bolero. But no more.

This spring, I have seen many short-sleeved, waist-length jackets, buttoned with one or two 'honkin' huge buttons. In fact, that perfectly describes Christie's jacket, currently in my sewing room. Yesterday's Owen Sound newspaper showed a photo of the city's feminine mayor wearing one of these trendy jackets. I've seen them in catalogs, stores and on the net. I've seen them in fabrics plain, patterned and plaid. This morning as I went for my walk, I saw a gorgeous one in a store window, downtown.

"Hmmm" , I thought "Could I replicate this trendy style in knitting?"

And now, further delaying the jobs I set for myself today by checking my emails, I see this. One of Berroco's new FREE patterns, called Nimbus. (Sorry, Blogger wouldn't let me link directly. Look on Berroco's web site under free patterns)





















OMG!!! This is so cute. So cute in fact, that I see it pushing it's way to the front of the line. Gueues mean nothing to this baby! It intends to be next! I can't wait. Of course I will finish Christie's jacket and Abi's bolero. There are deadlines after all. But as soon as they're finished, Nimbus, the pushy jacket, awaits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello,
what a beautiful jacket 1
I’m from Türkiye,from Ankara
bye-bye!

freshisle said...

I love this! It's perfect.
Oh, lord, I don't need another project on the go!