Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Coming Along Nicely

My two, make-it-for-someone-else?? projects are coming along nicely.

Overnight, Christie's little coat has gone from this

to this
Whether it's my age, or the number of years that have passed since I last sewed clothing I don't know, but it sure seems to require much more brain power than I remember. So I only work on it for a couple of hours at a time. Still, all that's left to do are the sleeves, button holes (Yikes! Do I remember how to do them?) and hems. Done in time to give to Christie when she comes back for a weekend visit. Modelled shots next week.

When the brain starts to ache from figuring out the sewing, I relax with Abi's now-memorized, lace- patterned bolero.
The first sleeves is completely done. See the little points on the lace edging?
Aren't they cute? Blocking should make them more pointy. I really want them to be a visibly, pointy feature. So if blocking doesn't' sharpen them, I will have to think of some other way. Starch, maybe?

Both projects are moving towards the finish line and lookin' good.

No comments: