Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursdays Are For Knit Group - And Tonight A Movie

A dull, rainy, foggy day but lots of bright colours at knit group today.

Nicki - with a smile that says " I really hate it when you take my picture, but will be a good sport about it" - is making the Whisper Cardigan in a lovely red Merino and Silk.

She's making this to go over a little summer dress. It should be perfect, Nicki. As is your wonderful 'pie are square' shawl, done in Alpaca.

Ingrid is making another dress. With Koigu - of course. Sandy B appears to be trying to get away from it. I can understand you wanting to be beyond the reach of that yarn, Sandy. Koigu can be catching.
Sadly, Ingrid is unhappy with this dye lot and is changing skeins every two rows, cutting the yarn to do so. That means lots of ends.
I forced Sandy B to wear her latest creation. A sweater - or part thereof - for her newest grand son, just three weeks old.
Lovely, soft, gender-neutral colours, Sandy.

Doreen C is wearing one of my summer tops from the Great Sweater Give-Away last fall. It looks better on Doreen, than it ever looked on me. If I could understand why that is, I might be able
to improve my personal, fashion sense. That top was a work of mathematical genius, if I do say so myself. Knit from side to side, I had to mathematically calculate the appropriate width of each stripe in order to get a good-looking line down the centre front. The green side is a mirror image of the white side. Or vice versa.

Doreen seems to be very happy wearing it. Or perhaps that's the almost-completed state of her hat that makes her so happy.

The other Doreen is showing off last week's scarf to Nicki and Wilma.

And I took two great pictures of Gail and Wilma's projects but somehow, my camera was set to a different speed and you two appear to be running in the photo. They have gone into the reject pile.

If you look closely at the picture of Doreen C wearing the new-to-her top, you will see my long-time friend Donna in the background. Donna and her hubby are visiting for a few days and even though she doesn't knit or crochet she let me drag her along to knit group. Another good sport.

And, with no Survivor, we have treated ourselves to a movie. New In Town with Renee Zellweger. A glass of red wine and a movie. A perfect combo for a rainy foggy night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Meafordites are such a productive group! The green and white stripes do look great planned out that way...Doreen was lucky to get it! Happy stitching to you all,

Gina C
Southampton

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh my I have to go back into your blog archives and check out the detail on that amazing green and white creation!