Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Travel Attire

Today, we are on our way back to Hearst. This time we will be there a month or so. Lots of time to be with the grandkids. And to find and fix that leak!

But my question for you is, "What do you think I am wearing for travel attire?

Will I dress a la orange? As I intended to do for the trip back home in June? Except that I didn't get the top done in time.
Or shall I wear my new green skirt? As a teenager, I used to sew all my clothes but haven't done so for a l-o-n-g time. Lately, I've had the urge to try it again. Something simple to start.
So I made this little green skirt. The pattern was very easy and it fits! That's a good start for re-entering the world of sewing.

It was a 'done-before-dinner' fast sew. More accurately, a done-after-dinner- but-before-the-movie sew.
And look how it sets off the shoes that Dorothy bought me from her winter vacation in Hawaii .

I don't know. I think the song is wrong. It's not so hard being green.

1 comment:

Vera said...

nice skirt, beautiful colour :-)