At the close of this this January post, I mentioned my intentions to knit a vest with my supply of Noro. Not the vest I originally planned and pictured in the post, but rather a Rib Warmer Vest.
The vision of a Rib Warmer Vest was surpassed by this one. But once started, my happiness, with the project, went south. Fast. Between the 'hoky' pattern and my modifications changing a side-to-side sweater to a vest I just wasn't 'feelin' it. So --
Changing mind yet again I decided this would be perfect for the Noro. This pattern too was started and again I wasn't happy with what I was seeing. It might have had something to do with the fact that I was knitting in stockinet while the pattern was knit in garter. Or that the yarn was disappearing at an alarmingly fast rate. Whatever the reason, I decided to change my mind once more. This time, though I went to the tried and true. I searched my personal cache of vest patterns.
Sure, it isn't knit vertically. the styling is more classic than current and sometimes repeat knits don't live up to the remembered firsts. But still, it kept calling me. Rip. Rip.
Finally, here is the beginning of a vest that makes me happy.