Friday, September 19, 2008

I Have Been Knitting

Lest you think I spend all my time going to Knitters Fairs and kids' events, I want you to know that I have been knitting.

Look at Loden Mist.

Here are the two sleeves. Done. Or at least I think, done. I was very proud until I looked at this photo. They both have the same number - exactly the same number, I tell you - of repeats. Why is the sleeve on the left so much longer? Arrrgh! Guess, I better check that out.

And here is a start on the back.
I have a bit more done since I took the photo. In all about 10 inches. Each repeat is about an inch and a quarter and I have taken to keeping a running total - like an accountant keeps books - to keep me motivated.

When the motivation lags, I work on my mystery hats. Two down, two to go.

2 comments:

OzB said...

And "oh my goodness" what is this????

It's gorgeous B! I love the colour. It's so elegant - not at all like me. I'm the typical elephant in the china shop! Oh I can't wait until you finish this one. Did you find out what happened with the sleeves?

Brendaknits said...

I too am a bull in a china shop. So I fully expect that I will catch this delicate sweater on a nail and rip it to shreds the first time I wear it. The sleeve difference is simply the stretchy nature of lace I hope.