Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Into The Riot

Later today, I leave for Baltimore.  I am travelling with Lynn Gemmell of Shelridge Yarns to help her with her booth at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.  As I did last year.  Only this year, they are having a riot down there at the moment.  Far from the fairgrounds where we will be hanging out, I hope.

My packing is done and  more importantly, my car knitting is ready.  Sheer, not yet finished, is nonetheless too 'complicated' for my car knitting.  Three colours on the go and a chart to read  while riding in the car, would make it - for me -  a nausea knit.   Instead, I have dug out the yarn I purchased last year at Maryland.  Being 80% cotton, 20% wool, I plan to make a spring cardigan inspired by Chic Knits Sitcom Chic Cardi.  Top down, but on my sweater, the  eyelet detail will be  done  in the pink and off-white.  It  will be a pattern-free knit - with Barbara Walker's guidance.

 I will cast on about 50 stitches, work a few rows of increases at the raglan lines, put in the eyelet trim and then just knit to fit.  The beauty of top down.

With green, pink and cream, it should look very spring-like and be a great addition to my seasonal transitioning wardrobe.  Blogging will resume post- Maryland.

No comments: