Monday, April 13, 2015

Fauxnel Revised

Trying for an insta-sweater for spring, I interrupted my normal programming to lengthen the sleeves on Fauxnel. Just a few wearings last fall convinced me that Fauxnel's short sleeves were at odds with the heavy fabric of the sweater. The fabric made it too warm a sweater for summer wear.  The short sleeves made it too cold a wear for spring or fall. Lengthening the sleeves was the obvious answer.

Luckily, I had knit Fauxnel top-down so it was an easy job to undo the cast off, thread the needle thru the stitches (thank goodness for ravelry as I had forgotten the needle size) and keep on knittin'.

Finished, worn and complimented last week, I now have a much more usable garment.

In progress, one sleeve lengthened, one on the needles.

Done.


My fingers are placed about where the shorter sleeve ended, showing the amount of extra  I added.
 


Lookin' good, I think.
Modesty aside.








2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Don't be modest! That is a great job on a fab knit and ready at the perfect time too!

Deb @ cabinfever said...

Fantastic sweater. It looks great on you.