Friday, October 15, 2010

Success!

Thanks to all my readers that offered support and encouragement through my mis-adventures with the *&%^$* non-performing I-Cord. It was great to know my entire knitting audience was cheering me on.

And special thanks to my knitting buddy Patti-Ann. PA and I worked together at London Yarns for many years and she knows my knitting weak spots well. PA sent me a hand-out sheet she has worked up for store customers who - like me (Hah! I'm not alone.) - have difficulty with attached I-Cord. Detail by tiny detail, it told me exactly what to do to achieve success.

Three quarters of the way around the edge, I have an I-Cord I like.
Unfortunately, PA was not able to give me any advice on attaching the second layer. Hmmm. My decision now is trial and error on layer two - or be happy with one layer. A couple more nights of frustrating knitting will give me my answer.

3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

The devil is always in the detail isn't it?

It does look fabulous though!

Joansie said...

Looks great. Determination pays off.

Stephanie said...

I didn't know two layers of i-cord edging was possible. Good luck!