Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursdays Are For Knit Group And Survivor

Last week at knit group, Pat brought her completed loon sweater to show us. I took her picture and would have put it on the blog at that time, except ---

Pat casually mentioned that her sister still lives in England and that she corresponds with her (As in writing letters - how quaint!) in rhyme!!! She went on to say that she had written her sister about the loon sweater and had a copy of the letter at home. I asked her to bring it this week, and held off on the picture to present you with both at the same time.

Here is Pat, her loon sweater and her rhyming letter to her sister.


I just had to write this letter
To let you know I've finished the sweater.
And if you have to go out in a storm
I know it will keep you nice and warm.
To make it sweet, I did make
Two Loons swimming on a lake.
Oh, they look so happy there
Swimming around without a care.
I just hope they don't splash, my pet
I'd hate to think you were getting wet.
Before I wrapped them, I said good bye
The big loon smiled and winked his eye.
So now, Merry Christmas, my dear, I wish ya
From the one and only, that's me, Patricia.

PS
There is one thing I must say of course,
Instead of a loon, I could have knitted a horse.


How's that
Love Pat.


Wow! Wouldn't it be wonderful to have Pat for a sister? Perhaps you have gathered by now, that Pat could be described as an eccentric. My favourite kind of people. It's great to have her with us a knit group.

And now on to Survivor. If it was up to me, I'd get rid of Crystal.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

Thanks for waiting to share the letter - its wonderful! My Dad loved rhyming - entries in the cottage guest book - birthday cards - Christmas tags. Maybe I should start rhyming messages with my sisters! Thanks for the inspiration!