Friday, I was sure my Ombre would be finished by Saturday. Saturday I thought I would finish it Sunday.
And Sunday?? Well, enought to say 'not yet'.
The sleeves keep shrinking. Truly. This is a top-down sweater and, as advised by all and sundry to do with top-down construction, I have been trying it on. Several 'try-ons' ago the first sleeve was the perfect length. I cast off. Then it shrank.
By the time I noticed the shrinkage, sleeve number two was underway. Forewarned, I knit the second sleeve for an additional two inches - trying it on to make sure that extra length gave me what I wanted. It did. Perfect. I cast off and ripped back sleeve number one to lengthen it.
This morning, after taking photos of the 'not yet' state of the sweater, I tried it on once more. Dang. The finished sleeve shrunk. It could use another two inches still.
The 'not yet' description is the mild one I chose. The other was, in some circles, perhaps printable - but not on a knitting blog.