Friday, October 5, 2012

All The Shades Of My Life

Busy days and late nights mean I need knitting that requires  no  limited concentration.  As the days lead up to Thanksgiving and I prepare for a weekend  of family and dinner for 16, I have set aside Vignette and  started All The Shades Of Truth.  A Laura Aylor  pattern that  has shawl, scarf and cowl.  Or at least I think it does. The shades of truth,  in my case, I do confess,  are that I have not purchased the pattern.  I am stealing the idea.  A terrible thing to do to a designer, I know.

Mine will be a scarf, with the intention that it will be for son #2 - Peter.  Grey - next to black - is his favourite colour.  A couple of Christmases ago, I knit him a Grey sweater
 
and had a couple of balls of the yarn left over.  There was a ball of  white, wool-alpaca blend as well as some light grey in my stash.    A ball of black and another shade of grey was all I had to buy to get started.

This is most definitely a fun knit.  Garter stitch and colour blocks.  Feel your way as you go.  I am happy so far - although there are definitely going to be lots of ends to sew in.  And sew in well I might add,  as a scarf wrapped around the neck, exposes  both the right and wrong sides.





In the mean time, it is a glorious day here.  A nice start to our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.  So to all my Canadian readers, Happy Thanksgiving.  To my non- Canadian readers  - you should know that just because it is not Thanksgiving, doesn't mean you can't eat turkey.  Have a great weekend everyone. 





No comments: