Friday, September 11, 2009

Countdown To Kitchener

Shamelessly, today I copied my title from Curlerchick's Thursday blog.

But you can hardly blame a knitter. Tomorrow is one of the biggest days of the year for Knitters in this part of Ontario. It is the annual Kitchener Waterloo Knitters Fair.

70 vendors. All selling knitting stuff - yarn, patterns, yarn, books, yarn, fleece, yarn, sweater kits, yarn, sock kits, yarn, to-die-for knitting gadgets and did I mention yarn?

I can't tell you the amount of money I've dropped there over the years. Mostly, I can't tell you because I haven't kept track. Really, when it comes to knitting supplies, who keeps track? But there is also the off chance that Fred might start to read my blog and who wants a husband to know these things? Bad for their blood pressure, I always say. I see it as a wife's this Knitting wife's' duty to do what I can to keep my husband healthy. Low fat diets, prodding him to exercise and of course, keeping silent about money spent on yarn. Tough job but ...

The fair is hosted by the Kitchener Waterloo Knitting Guild of which Sally Melville was a founding member. In fact, one year at the fair, when Sally was still associated with Knitters Magazine and XRX Books, I was privileged meet Sally and all her editorial crew. You know those names you read in Knitters Magazine? Elaine Rowley, Rick Mondragon and a couple of other people whose names I was unable to hear over the sound of my swoons. This year, I hope to meet Deb Gemmell of the 'gifted Gemmells.


Curelrckick's group is taking a bus to the fair. Our group has two cars going. Eight Knitters.
We intend to arrive early, stay late, spend lots of money, meet other Knitters and have a Knitterly good time. I'll tell you all about it Monday.

1 comment:

LaurieM said...

I'm going so I'll keep a look out for you Brenda!