Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursdays Are For Knit Group

If you’ve been reading, you know my luck of late. So guess what got left at home when I went to Knit Group today? No, I did remember my knitting. But that’s a good guess, as it is something I might do. My camera! But since I am still on dial up – no word from the good (Wink Wink) folks at Bell yet as to when they will come and look at the lines - it is painstakingly s-l-o-o-o-w to download pictures. So maybe it is just as well the camera got left at home.

At Knit Group, young Sandy was patiently waiting for me when I arrived. Last week, I had been helping her knit mittens and I took her pattern home with me! She hasn’t been able to knit all week! I am sure she was pretty upset, but being a knitter, she just smiled.

Nell was knitting doll clothes. Nell knits exclusively for her favourite mission, Someone gave her lots of old dolls – naked old dolls (No that is not Knit Group members on retreat!!) Nell is knitting clothes for them all so some lucky child can love them ‘second-time-around’.

Pat was knitting socks for a grandchild and Sandy, our host Sandy, was knitting her ‘forever’ scarf. Although Sandy doesn’t really have time to knit at Knit Group these days, as she is hosting the group. She is much too busy making tea and coffee and ‘serving’ us. Aren’t we spoiled?

Sandy is hosting us as we have been kicked out of the library for the summer. Cost saving measures mean the local library is closed about 3 days of the week this summer. One of those days being Knit Group day. The nerve, I say.

If truth be told, we have been kicked out of every meeting spot so far. First the coffee shop who said we used too many tables, stayed too long and didn't buy enough. Kicked Out! Next another coffee shop that closes for the winter and now the library. Hmmm. What is it about knitters?

My summer top re-do is coming along. I have about 6 inches of the front done. If I take a patience pill, I will post pictures tomorrow.

Thursdays Are For Knit Group. And that can make any day, a better day.

No comments: