Monday, June 16, 2008

National Knit In Public Day

Saturday June 14 was National Knit In Public Day.

Son Charlie, when told this knitterly news, guffawed. Muggle!

Hubby Fred, countered with the news that the previous day was National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day. That left me speechless.

My concern was how to celebrate at the trailer park. Sole knitter, me, as far as I know.

Not being at home, I couldn't participate in activities my knit group might have planned. Not being in Toronto, I couldn't participate in Stephanie's photo-op at Lettuce Knit.

Instead, I celebrated in a very uniquely Canadian way.

The Grand kids - they didn't guffaww at all, by the way - and I went to the most public place I could think of here at the trailer park - the bar.

The kids slurped Slushies; I drank a beer and knit.

And if there are any other Canadian knitter that celebrated with their Grand kids in a bar with stuffed wild animals on the wall, I'd like to hear your story.

Photos taken at the bar, Veilleux Camping on Lake Pivibiska near Hearst, Ontario by Sarah, 11 and Abi, 6.


Happy knitting, all.

No comments: