Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Diversion

Since my ten-day sweater isn't, I intend to divert your attention today with pictures of my re-structured green Cinnie.

The yarn, Sirdar Calico,  was originally knit into a garter stitch, top-down, short-sleeved, summer sweater that I intended to wear to my niece's New Orleans wedding.  But the sweater, while OK on it's own, just didn't measure up when in combo with the dress.  Ripped and re-knit as Cinnie, it looked much better.

Except for the pulling at the bust suggesting a bigger bust line than I've ever been known to have.  Ripped and re-knit  - again.  The second rip-back involved just the   edgings along the fronts and  bottom.  Thank goodness for top-down construction.  Shortened one inch or so and with more loosely knit edges, Cinnie is a clear winner. 

It looks great with my Aunt of the Bride dress.
 
 And should I ever entertain in my garden,

 
on a day of dappled sunshine, I have the perfect outfit for the occasion.

 

4 comments:

Deb said...

Let the entertaining begin. You have the perfect outfit.

Zieknits said...

Third time's the charm. The cardi is perfect!

Beautiful hosta, too. :)

Needles said...

I do believe that hosta rivals the ferns that ate the world!

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

The sweater is gorgeous.