Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What Did Brenda Knit?

A more accurate title might be - Did Brenda Knit?  One would  think with 25 hours of sitting in a passenger's seat, to-ing and fro-ing from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival that indeed I could have knit a sweater, a pair of socks or two, a baby's outfit etc.,etc.etc.  But no. Here is what I accomplished sitting in  that seat.


 Would it help if I told you it was the second attempt?  The first being about as long as  this second try before I ripped it back?  No?  Didn't think so.

This is supposed to  be an Eyelet Cardi look-a-like.  I've made Chic Knits Eyelet Cardi in the past and it worked out well.  I wear it lots.  But I wanted top-down this time.  So I thought - "Hey, I can do that."  Just add the eyelet part to a normal, worsted weight, top-down, vee neck cardi.  But so far, things have not being going well for me.
The first attempt was too small.  This attempt, the fit is fine, but, I don't like the squared, pointy corners where the neckline starts to head down into the 'v'.  I see attempt number three in my future. In the mean time, back at home, I picked up 'Sheer' again.


It is moving along quickly.  The back is finished and the front is almost at the neck shaping. 
No, you are not seeing things.  The front chart is somewhat different than the back chart. With three different colours in this 'Tee' it will either be a  'goes with anything' or 'goes with nothing I own' summer tee.  Of course, I'm  hoping for the former. 

A pitiful amount of knitting for the couple of weeks that I have kept you all in blog, desert-land here at Brendaknits.

And, yesterday was my annual test.   In 2006, a year of an early spring, on May 11,  the  day we bought our house,  Fred stood at the patio doors and asked the realtor  "What is that building back there?"
This year, 2015,  can we recognize the building behind us for the Church it is?  Yes I think we can.
Are the leaves as full as they were in 2006?  No, I think they are not.
Spring just failed my annual test.

But as true Canadians might say "Well, at least it's not snowing."






No comments: