Friday, April 19, 2013

A Not So Freezing Friday

 Last Friday, trying to drive to my dad's for an overdue visit, I was thwarted by the weather.  Today, although totally lacking in sunshine, at least offers dry roads for the 3 hour trip.

The travelling sock is going with me. 
 

 It is making the journey inside it's lovely new travel bag. 
 
Gifted to me  by a fellow blogger, a couple of months back when my Dad was so seriously ill, as an expression of her concern.  Warm and caring thoughts and a  lovely bag, complete with my name on it.  I know the best bloggers. 

A doctor, would most likely say that  Dad's health is not that good.  It takes little to cause him to be  out of breath or tired.  But  - he is happy in his new home, walks each day - 'to get his excercise' - and is enjoying his scooter once again, now that the snow has disappeared.  He goes out to lunch occasionally and even managed a trip to Toronto for son #2's art show.  He has accepted his new stage of life and new home with a graciousness that is a lesson to his children.  Both the sock and I are looking forward to the visit. 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Awwww, thanks.
That reminds me, I have a bunch of bags to give away - must get on that...