Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter In Tofino

British Columbia has everything Fred and I could ever want.

I discovered REALLY long, red licorice.
 
(Black would have been better but who would complain about REALLY long licorice of any kind?)

And Fred discovered a local brewer.

For knitting component, I show you my travelling sock.

This is  what I call Mrs. Beaver's Cabled Sock Pattern.  An 8 stitch cable (P1, K6, P1 and every 8th row, place 3 of the 6 stitches on a cable needle and hold to the back to perform the cable).

I have 60 stitches and am using a 2.75 needle.  Well - I thought I was using  2.75 but as I discovered just yesterday, I had one 2.5, two 2.75 and  one 3mm needle.  Guess it doesn't work well to start projects in the dim light of an aircraft.

Off today to see other treasures in Beautiful British Columbia.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Still looks like a wearable sock to my eyes!