With Ruby's, requested, two-layered mittens finished and the pattern for them 99% so, I moved on to a matching hat. Knit too with the Sirdar Juniper, I used the yarnharlot's 'Unoriginal Hat' pattern. She is right about it being a fast knit. There are only 56 stitches to cast on and 36 rows to knit. A one-movie or - this time of year - one-baseball-game hat.
Stephanie recommended a set of five, 7mm, double pointed needles. Her pattern, 56 stitches in total is divided into four pattern repeats of 14 stitches each. A very nice fit over four needles. However, always one to find a harder way to do something, I didn't have 7mm dpns. I did have two sets of 8mm circs and that is what I used. Less easy perhaps than one repeat per needle, but still not too complicated for this mathematically-challenged knitter. Stephanie did say for a larger hat, use a larger needle. So now I am looking for a fat-headed friend - or at least one with big hair - who loves green and who needs a new hat. Just kidding.