Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursdays Are For Knit Group And Survivor

You might find this hard to believe, but Pat, today, was NOT knitting a stuffed toy. Instead, she was working on a pair of socks. I have never seen her knit socks before, so had to take a picture.
She doesn't look all that happy about it, does she? Out of her comfort zone, perhaps. But that's not to say that there were no stuffed toys. Pat brought in this one.
Right side up.
Upside down. These two-in-one dolls still strike me as odd, but they seem to be growing in popularity in our knit group.

Gail finished her lovely summer sweater.
Isn't that fabulous? Gail used Mirasol, cotton and silk and this pattern from Knitty. Wilma made one, now Gail made one. I think I have to put that on my summer knit-list too. Can I EZ it? Probably. Knit in the round with raglan sleeves then steeked. That should work.

Then of course, Ingrid's new piece.
The back she says is all one colour. But we are not to tell her daughter. Ingrid says her daughter thinks patterned fronts deserve patterned backs. Ingrid's creativity suggest otherwise.

Off to watch survivor. Coach now gone. Not at all a smart move, IMO, but Russell continues to have his way.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

I read on Annie Modesitt's blog the other day that she is designing a two in one doll for Interweave Crochet I think. You ladies are leading the charge with your finger on the pulse of the latest fads in needle crafts!

I too am loving Gail's sweater - that colour is perfection on her!