Friday, September 26, 2008

What's The Difference?

What is the difference between this sleeve

and this sleeve?
Besides the obvious -one brown, one green; one lace, one mostly stockinet. Well, the difference, you can't see is about a 'b-zillion' hours of knitting.

A true 'process knitter' would be thrilled, I suppose with knitting for ever hours on the the green, Loden sleeve. I too, like the process. But, I am of the generation of instant gratification. So a little product now and then ranks pretty high on my scale. The Diagonal Rib sleeve was knit in a little more than the 'Two Hour Opening Special' of Survivor. A perfect antidote to the 'forever' Loden.

Discipline is now required. I will finish the back of Loden before I do any more on Diagonal. I will finish the back of Loden before I do any more on Diagonal. I will finish ....

1 comment:

LaurieM said...

The green one is so pretty though I totally see your point about the brown.

I was knitting through Survivor last night too. The races were great because I kept knitting faster as they cheered each other on!