Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Colour Purple

The Colour Purple - I think there was a movie by that name.  But my purple exists for a different reason.
 
A friend's grand daughter has Epilepsy.  The Epilepsy society has chosen purple as it representative colour.   Come March, the local chapter is having a day of fund raising and my friend  asked a few of her knitter friends  to knit something purple for the sale. 

This would be a great way to bust stash except ...  in turn, I told a few other friends about  Project Purple and they started giving me purple yarns.  Now I have an exceptionally large stash of purple.  This  cowl will have to be just the first if I am to make a dent in my stash.

Before leaving for Florida.  I knit the cowl with various 'bits and bobs' of purple yarns, edging it with a purple eyelash yarn.

Still the ends to weave in and then it will be ready for the purple pile. 

No comments: