Monday, July 7, 2014

Home Again

The Tour De La Gaspesie is complete, ashes are scattered and we are home again.  I will  -  soon  -   fill you in on the wonderful trip we had, but right now, my head is still spinning.  The most I can do today is show you the sum total of the knitting I did in the car.

This little, summer, eternity scarf. The yarn?  Can't remember.  A thick and thin, chunky-weight cotton purchased at Riverside Yarns in Owen Sound.   I used only one ball.   Colleen at Riverside told me that if I cast on 165 stitches, joined in the round, knit garter stitch  - that is one round knit, one round purl  -  I could make a great summer scarf with only one ball.  And that is exactly what I did.

Niece Katie, Montreal dweller, lover of fashion and all things purple will get a postal delivery of this scarf one day soon. 

3 comments:

ES said...

Lovely colour!

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Brenda...just catching up on several of your posts and had a couple of good laugh-out-loud moments...your knitting needles necklace and all the teeth in one bowl :).

Have a great summer...are you heading to your trailer up north for part of this summer?

GinaC

Sel and Poivre said...

I really like the volume you got with this piece. Summer scarves and cowls can often be so wimpy and flat - nice job!