Friday, September 13, 2013

I'm Ready

I'm Ready.  Well, as ready as one more big sleep can get me.  Tomorrow is the annual
Kitchener Waterloo Knitters Fair.   Christmas, birthday, anniversary and Mothers Day all rolled into one for most knitters.

My bag is packed.

This lovely bag, made by Julia and gifted to me at last year's fair, 
 
Julia was intriqued by my blog posts about the  fair and    came  all the way from New Mexico to see it for herself.  I intend to return that favour one day.

This pattern is packed.
 I bought the pattern but no yarn  in the spring while in Nanaimo.


Then, I came across a brochure featurinng the  perfect yarn.
 
I emailed the folks at Knitca and indeed they will have the colour I want at the fair and have promised to save me a bag of it.   That will be my first purchase of the day.  Any guesses on which colour I chose? 

Beyond that, maybe some new  cables for my Knit Picks  needles.  A girl can never have too many.  Beyond that,  a workshop on colour and beyond that -- well, who knows what great, knitterly items  will catch my eye.   I'll let you see the haul on Monday.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm planning on only buying a bit of sock yarn. Right. We'll see how that plan works out...
Hope we meet up!

Yarn and Ivories said...

Hope your bag was full when you returned!