Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lookin' Good

My 'When Debbie Met Sally'  sweater is lookin'  s-o-o-o- good.  Normally, I would shy away from a sweater knit entirely in garter stitch. "Too stiff, too square, too non-chic,"  I might have said.  Perhaps it is the combo of one small and  one large needle that is making this work, but I'm likin' this sweater.  Not to mention that it will be done within two weeks.  What a 'make this knitter happy' thing  that is!

With five balls of yarn in my stash,  I do have to think about how far the yarn will go.  What you see here has taken three balls.
 
I have stopped knitting body for the moment, and am knitting sleeves.  Once the sleeves are a length that I like, the rest of the yarn - or at least a portion thereof,  can go to additional body length. My vision at the moment,  but open to change depending on yarn quantity and appearance,  is to knit until the sweater is about  4 inches below the waist.

This picture tells me that it might be a good idea to short row the sleeves a bit.

 Lengthening the shoulder side of the sleeves via short-rows,  to sit evenly with the underarm section might be something to try.  I do have a short-sleeved, summer raglan   that I did not short-row. When I wear it,  I am always tugging downwards on the sleeve tops to bring them even with the underarm section.  While this never seems to be an issue with wrist-length sleeves, with short, cap-length sleeves, it is.  Short-rows might just be the solution to that problem.  I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I like the idea of short rows on the sleeves. Very good thought.

Deb said...

I like the idea of short rows on the sleeves. Very good thought.

Yarn and Ivories said...

You could have fooled me! I thought the sleeves were finished in your mirror picture. It looks great already!