It's done. The TD PF R SS KAL is done. Done enough to be on the blocking board, at least. Once dry, I have only to sew on 17 - yep, that's right - 17 buttons. My original vision for the sweater was several, closely-spaced, tiny, little, white buttons. Seems crazy now.
"Wouldn't that look nice?" thought I. The picture in my mind looked lovely. The execution? Likely torture. 17 buttons! What was I thinking? Modeled shots with 17 buttons in the next day or several.
You might recall, this yarn was originally in another sweater. (See post of April 21) The original sweater's style had come and gone, so I decided to 'frog' the yarn and use it for this KAL. The yarn is 100% cotton - Denim, by Schachenmayr nomotta. Colour 72. - light green as you can see.
The sweater, knit top-down, started with an estimate of the correct number of stitches. While casting on, I occasionally threw the work around my neck. Once I could say "That looks about right." I stopped casting on.
After a few rows of seed stitch for the edging, I divided the stitches into five parts. 2 fronts, 2 sleeves, and the back. My theory for the division goes like this: About 44% of the stitches are for the back, 15% for each of the sleeves and the rest for the fronts. I put markers between those divisions and started knitting. Every other row - that is, on right-side rows only, I increased one stitch on either side of each marker. When I had enough stitches to allow the sleeves to meet under my arms, I put the sleeve stitches on scrap yarn and knit the body. Then lastly, the sleeves.
And to show you that I haven't just been lazing around, here is the beginnings of Opal & Mohair sock #2. Although it doesn't show in the photo, I started number 2 with a provisional cast on. The pattern repeat was so far down the ball, that a ton of yarn was going to be wasted. So with the provisional cast on, I started a bit further down the cuff and am proceeding merrily along. Once the sock is done, I will find the correct spot in the pattern, join on and kit UP the last few rows. Much less yarn wasted - I hope. I'll let you know how that works out.