Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Has Spring Sprung?


Mike's hat is done. It was not so much a '2 movie hat' as a couple of hours of poor TV and a car ride home for Easter Dinner. It looks great. Here, you see it on Fred.

Poor Fred. I asked him to model the hat for my blog. The preening started. The shoulders went back. The glasses came off. The posture straightened. The smile broadened. Then I told him that I didn't want to capture any of him, I just needed a head to fill out the hat. The winds of deflation cooled down the room, noticeably.



And here it is, with the store-bought scarf, ready to be packaged up and mailed off. I love the way the colours are not so much 'matchy-poo' but more a complement to each other.

After thinking about my post last week, where I showed all the projects waiting to be made, I began to think that they were all too wintry. That perhaps, since the equinox has past, I should start to knit for warmer weather.

In my summer queue, there are gorgeous things calling my name. Like Soleil. The great tank top from Knitty, Or this gorgeous cap- sleeved cardi. Or maybe Chanson - a great shrug from Ramwools.

But then look what that 'cute' meterologist did for us today.
My back yard looking through the window.

What ? Did you think I would open the door in this weather?

So I started the great Tam - Tam #3 - from Knitty's Winter/07 issue.
As unenlightened as I feel in revealing this, it is the first time I have ever used Noro. Yep, I am a Noro Newbie. The yarn feels great. Rustic and luxurious at the same time, if that is possible.

But, on the shelf, Noro gave me the impression it would provide far more depth of colour and contrast for my 'fairisle' Tam. I mean, really, what is the point of doing colour stranding if you can't see it? If only I had slid the wrapper from the yarn while still at the store. (Read yesterday's post) As I said. Swift learner, me.

No comments: