Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursdays Are For Knit Group

There were  lots to plans to finalize today at knit group.  Tomorrow we are having a day in Owen Sound.  We will head to the Tom Tomson Gallery to see our socks,  hung artistically I hear,  at the Homefront Exhibition.  Some lunch, some yarn shopping at Riverside Yarns, then off to the Ontario Handspinners Association Seminar being held for the first time ever in Owen Sound.  Should be a great day and I'll post pictures of our fun.

Multi-taskers that we are, we knit while we talked.  I know I sound like a broken record but take a look at what Ingrid has created this time.
Two rectangles, a short side seam, a twist and voila.
A truly Ingrid piece.

Sharon and Nan talked socks.
 

Nan knit these with Opal but
 did some cutting and pasting to remove the colours she didn't favour.

Doreen showed off her certificate. 
 
She came to knitting from a lunch held to thank the hospital volunteers and received the certificate for her many efforts. 

Sandy's baby blanket, the blanket of many colours is finished.
 It is another gorgeous display of your mitered-square knitting, Sandy. I admire your capacity for fiddly work.


 Bonnie has knit a vest.


She says I threw the yarn at her the day of our yarn swap saying "Bonnie take this.  It's your colour." Sounds like something I might do.  And good thing I did too, as look at the great vest.

Carol has some beautiful Cascade silk and wool.
 
 It is destined to be a jacket with some contrasting red for pizazz.  My colours Carol  Do you know my size?

Lots of knititng and lots of excited anticipation about our day tomorrow.

No comments: