Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursdays Are For Knit Group

WOW!  How many   days  weeks  can a Polar Vortex last?  Today, with  so many local roads closed  many of our group had to knit at home.  That was almost me, but at the last minute the road of my route  was opened so off I went.

If I hadn't been there I would not have seen this.

Ingrid knit a coat.  A ten day knit she told us.  Ingrid, you never cease to amaze me.

 Under the coat, she was wearing a great vest.
 One she knit  many years ago - testimony to the longevity of wool.

Gail has the coolest sock yarn.  I love those colours and pattern.

 
 


Doreen arrived today, wearing bright, cheerful colours that were the perfect antidote to our white, white world.  Doesn't she look pretty?  The sweater had a high neck and it bothered her, Doreen said.  To correct that,  she took the scissors to the sweater.  Guess what the scarf covers up? 

 Wilma finished her  Thrummed Mittens.
 
 Not suitable for fine work that's for sure but they'll do the job of keeping her hands warm on her morning walks.

All our knitters better get to their LYS and stock up.  There is another Polar Vortex storm coming Saturday.  Knitting time!

No comments: