Monday, May 27, 2013

Mindless Still

The mindless  would be my knitting to which I am referring.  But if you thought it meant me - well, you wouldn't be the first.

This weekend, we had some driving to do to attend a family reunion.  With lots of  passenger-seat time, I finished tier two of Tink's Twirly Skirt and about an inch of tier three. I am in love with the colour of my Tink's but having never before knit a skirt, I am reserving judgement on the look of my hand knit skirt in the real world of wearing.  The range of imagined looks runs the gamut from hand-made/hippie to high-end, one-of-a-kind.  The latter has been my vision and inspiration and obviously my aim, but as  said  -  judgement reserved.

Regardless of the outcome - rip it or wear it  - the knitting of Tink's is FUN!  Round and round and round.  Easy peasy with  colour changes providing the motivation to go faster, faster, faster.

Here it is so far.


3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

The way you express reserving judgement for a knitted skirt is how I await the fate of every FO!

Sandra said...

My vote is for high end, one of a kind...

Needles said...

I'm thinking high end too. Its lovely.

I completely agree with you about technology driving the need for mindless knitting. I have the wifi, I have the wee portable device, I have the laptop. What I don't have is a cell phone. I'd like to stay that way for a while longer if I can. My fondest wish is that they are an expensive passing fad. I think I am wrong though, more is the pity.