this pattern on the 'net' and ordered it.
As I mentioned in the above-linked post, the pattern is a bit hoky. It's also for a sweater that starts at the cuff, but I'm knitting a vest. That meant I had to search for an appropriate starting point and could only guess that I had found it. I knit about 5 inches on the vest and couldn't 'see' it happening. So it's been resting for a week or two.
On the weekend, having run out of black yarn for Christie's mittens, I did some virtual knitting through blogs and ravelry and somewhere on my tour, saw reference to this pattern.
I have changed my plans. I'm excited. That pattern will have my Noro performing exactly as I envisioned.