Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A New Knit

My knits for 2014 are finished. That is, if you don't count the sleeve extension on Radicchio.  On to the first knit of 2015.

My first knit of the year is a vest.  Inspired by this - The Ophelia Vest by Macon

 and this, the one-piece sideways vest.

 

Mine looks like this.  Knit in stripes of garter stitch ridges followed by  stockinet sections which have  a centre row of yarn over knit 2 together.
 

 
 I am using Lett Lopi purchased specifically for this project.  It is lofty and  very lightweight but should still be quite warm. 

I am knitting it sideways just like both of the above inspiration pieces.  Mine will have the wide right front like the  top example.  It is being 'winged' or as we used to say in my business days -
 'wild a - - ed  guess' as I knit along.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

This looks intriguing! And the colour! 'Can't wait to see the modelled shots of this!

Needles said...

I love sweaters knitting this way. Its so easy to get a just right fit.