Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursdays Are For Knit Group

For me, the first knit group of 2013 was delayed one week, by my Florida trip.  Today then, it was good to get back to needles and laughter. 

Gail finished her diagonal scarf.
 Knit with Bernat Mosaic, famous for it's brilliant colours.  And Gail's scarf is no exception. Gorgeous.

Sharon, working with Americo Cotton Flamme is working on a shawl.  Great colour, Sharon.



Doreen looks normal.  She doesn't seem to have an 'S'  or an 'L' on her forehead.  Yet here she is, again, finishing a sweater started by a friend. 
 
It is a typical Lopi ski sweater and Doreen is being driven crazy by the colour work.  I knit most of her knitting for her today.  How much will be done by next week I wonder.

Nicki brought her little?? bobbin I would call it, to wind her hand-spun onto.
 
  I was interested in this very practical method of  holding the fleece while spinning.


As an extra treat to start the year, Doreen brought the Christmas goodies she forgot to bring in December.  Last year's  goodies we told her.  Tasty nonetheless and a good start to knit group 2013.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

I always look forward to your reports about knit group but just today it occurs to me the work you have to do not only taking pictures but documenting all the yarns and patterns each knitter is working on.

Not sure if you're a blogger or archivist. Lucky ladies of Meaford to have you keeping track of everything!