Monday, April 11, 2011

Comfort Found Here

With my lace pattern giving me grief -  sure, I know it was me that was the problem and not the  pattern because   I read, then promptly forgot the  directions and merrily carried on knitting lace until I realized I had gone too far.  Still, grief  is what followed.  Reading lace knitting has never been my knitting forte.  While I can read, understand and even  carry out the instructions, once ripped, I have difficulty 'reading' where in the lace pattern I am/was.   That was the true cause of the grief.

The general population might seek comfort in a  miriad of things and, at times, so do I.   I am however, a Knitter.  First and foremost then,   I seek comfort in the needles.

This weekend, , I set aside Peasy, with it's grief-causing lace and instead knit one of these.    A Comfort Doll.    The pattern is here.  My doll is seen here, first, lying flat, with both knitting and embroidery done.


And here, partially sewn, waiting for the stuffing.  

 
A quick knit, a bit of embroidery, some stuffing and there's comfort for both the  knitter and the eventual owner of the doll.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

Cute! Do post more pictures when finished!

Sandra said...

very cute - love the colours you've used.
And I totally agree with taking abreak from one type of knitting - there's always another type waiting for you.

Laurie said...

What a cute, fun little knit! I love the colors you chose. It's always good to toss in an instant gratification project when you're working on something that frustrates you.