Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wonderful World Of Knitters

A Delightful knitter surprised me with a visit one recent evening. I answered the door to see a lovely ( and I was soon to learn. lively) lady with a big smile. She said " Hi Brenda. I'm' Ruby."


Ruby, the knitting half of the NAPA Auto Parts store duo. Ruby, the woman who commandeered the front corner of the store to provide Hearst knitter with access to quality yarns. I squealed. Ruby's smile grew and we hugged.


Last week, when I was at the store, Ruby was out, busy with the 'Save The Curling Club' committee. I left my card and asked the clerk to tell Ruby to watch for the blog posting about the store. Once she read the blog, Ruby decided we had to meet. Needle to needle in knit-speak.


We had a great visit. Turns out we have lots in common. Both knitters, Grandmas and owners of leaky trailers. Although Ruby's trailer leaked enough to produce a crop of carpet mushrooms so I let her have the title of 'Leak Queen.'


Ruby regaled me with tales of her travels. One of the things she discovered in the U.S.A. was a Yarn Atlas; a directory of yarn stores in the U.S. As far as I know, we have no such directory in Canada. But if we did, under 'N', it would read: NAPA Auto Parts, Hwy 11, Hearst, Ontario. When you go, ask to see Ruby. You will be delighted.

No comments: