Friday, August 8, 2008

The Re-Knit

Packing my supplies for trailer knitting, I came across 'two balls and a bit' of yarn leftover from a summer bolero I knit a few years back. The bolero was in the sack designated to hit the recycle circuit. Re-discovering the leftover yarn, I decided to re-knit and re-fashion the bolero. Lengthening it with a lace pattern on the lower portion should make it more current, I think.

By doing these re-knits, I've learned one thing about my knitting skills: I do an excellent job of sewing in ends. It takes me forever to find the darn things.


But they've been found and here we are today.


I remember reading a statement in one of EZ's books that went something like this - The re-knitting of sweaters is something much more often talked about than done.


There's probably a good reason for that. Wish me luck.

No comments: