Thursday, January 19, 2017

Warm-Weather Knitting

Warm-weather knitting.  You would think that is what I would do in Florida.  But - Florida knitting, for me, is different  from  at-home, warm-weather knitting.  It seems, Florida destroys my motivation to knit.  Last year the big plastic tub of yarn and patterns that accompanied me on the trip, went mostly untouched.  Knowing that, this year I came with only three projects.

One is a hank of Orange/red mohair that is intended to be  a Hemlock Ring Blanket.

The second is my black linen Margarita.  It's open-front design is too open for my taste, so I hope to rip and re-knit it while here.  That most likely will fall under the 'hope springs eternal' category.

And the third project is a bag with a variety of wonderful, fluffy, textured, green yarns.  A gift given to me by a dear friend almost eleven years ago now.  The clear bag, filled with the wonderful yarns,  has been sitting on my shelf all those years.  I look at it, admire it and think of my friend whenever I look at the bag.  But I have decided it is time.  After eleven years, it will no longer be a work of art on my shelf, but a work of art on my bed.  An afghan.

We've been here four nights and so far, I have rolled the skeins into balls and cast on.

It's a start.

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.