Glenora #2. My last completed sweater of 2015.
At Thanksgiving time, my niece - A - asked if I would knit her another sweater. This would be her second sweater request because last year I knit her Hippie Blue. Apparently it was enough of a success to warrant asking for this second sweater. Yippee for me!
She asked for a maroon Glenora - it probably helped that I was wearing my Glenora at the time. Since my Glenora only took ten days to knit, I set a goal of December 12 to finish this second one. For some reason this one took longer. Closer to 20 days. But after a bit of a marathon last week, it was nonetheless ready to gift by our family get-together on Saturday.
Pattern: Glenora by Elizabbeth McCarten
Yarn: Cascade Eco +
Needles: 6.5 mm
Details & Mods: This version of Glenora, I made using two different sizes. When A tried mine on, I could see that it fit through the bust and shoulders but looked a bit skimpy through the hips and in length. With this in mind, I started the bottom-up pattern in one size larger than mine. Since all sizes of this pattern are wider in the hips than through the bust, I just kept decreasing down to the next smallest size to get the upper body width I wanted.
With a mostly, open front, Glenora, without short-rows, tends to ride up a bit in the back - the fate of all open-front styles. The designer accommodates for this, in the pattern, by a series of short rows. I felt, though that a few more would really solve the problem. So I added a couple more short rows et voila!
A second success in gifted sweaters. Not every knitter can say that!