Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Knitting

My latest, great idea, my newest notion, my recent 'this-will-really-improve-my-knitting-results' goal is to knit a few 'odds & sods' between major projects.

My theory being that more thinking time between projects might prevent future disasters disappointments like these.

So, Thursday at knit group, I started a hat. From my new favourite hat pattern book -
Do You Need A Hat?

I used Peruvian Highland Chunky from elann. It was one of my sample pack yarns, and I would have to say, it passed my test. It was nice in the hand, has lovely loft and a bit of a halo.

Following the 'good-for-any-size-yarn' pattern and using chunky yarn, I knit this.

Great, isn't it? It is the plain, top-down patten and I simply added a little slip stitch design with some white alpaca, also from my 'sample pack'.

It went so quickly, that perhaps I know there was not enough thinking time. As disaster-prevention, I've started a second, little something. I'll show you when it's done.

1 comment:

Sel and Poivre said...

I heartily endorse the lots of small projects between the epic adventures approach! I love Knitty for those kinds of things - free patterns and often doable with what I have around. BTW I like the white detail on the hat!