With the 'Easter Topper 2010' safely in the sweater drawer, it's on to new things.
My 'new' knitting project is an old one. I started Skinny Ribs
Abi's Bolero. Enough time has passed, though, that I don't actually remember why I set it down.
All that's left to complete are the sleeves. Fortunately, before starting them, I thought 'just in case' and tried it on. It looks as if I was a bit carried away on the shoulder to armscye portion. In some settings a top with a neckline below the nipples might be acceptable, but nowhere I go.
It seems deflating to rip out the entire thing - it's knit top down - to shorten the neck depth. I think the sewing machine will do a great job. An inch taken off across the shoulders should do the trick. Then on to the sleeves.
It might just be a two 'FO' week for Brenda. After all that Pushy Jacket is really getting aggressive. Musn't leave her in the queue too long.