It looks great and it fits too!! A double whammy!! And I didn't have to frog as originally thought. Double Double Whammy!!
Pattern: Picolvi by Grumperina - great pattern. Very easily modified.
Yarn: The off white is Super 10 cotton. One and a bit skeins. The greens and oranges are stash. Mostly the same gauge as the Super 10 but not all.
Modifications: The obvious - sleeves added. I simply knit as per Grumperina's instructions to join under the arm, then knit each sleeve down from there.
No Picot edge. I noted with my first Picolovi " Picot edge nice, but not sure it's worth the effort." I heeded my own advice and used ribbing for the neckline. Several ravelers noted that when sleeves were added, the picot-edged neck pulled down. The ribbing should help with that, I hope.
To give a flatter hem, I used garter stitch rather than repeat the ribbing from the neckline.
I moved the dart lines closer to centre. With my first Picolvi, the dart lines pointed to the pits and not the points, as they were meant to do. Not such a good look.
I added the better part of an inch in the straight-knitting section after the waist decreases. I am long waisted and again I learned from my first Picolvi.
Yippee! It's done. And in time for Easter 2010. Perhaps, tomorrow should be a yarn shopping day.