Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Radicchio - Ready For Next Summer

My off-white,  top-down Radicchio,  although a speedy knit, won't be ready for late summer wearing this year.  It will be next summer's go to piece.

The body is finished.
 
I ended it with the same trim as the top - 2x2 rib.  Most of the trim -  I worked with a slightly smaller needle -  3.75mm versus the 4.5mm used in the body.  But I switched back to the 4.5 for the cast off.

The cast off was done in pattern with an extra stitch made and cast off  every once in a while - A- La Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.   No use going to all the trouble of inserting 'fit my hips' increases then having a trim too tight to meet in the middle.

Hopefully my strategy works.

But if not, it's top down.  Easy to Fix.  On to the sleeves.

No comments: