Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Ladies Afternoon

-Not every day, but every once in a while,  I love to host a ladies social event more reminiscent of another era than of today's casual entertaining style.

Yesterday was my chance.  I had offered my home to host the December meeting of the horribly-named Stitch & Bitch group.

I decorated my table,


baked some Christmas goodies,


washed the delicate tea cups and unearthed my Santa tea pot. 


With only five ladies coming, it was a very manageable number.  No extra chairs to set out and everyone  able to gather round the table.   With this group,   I know exactly when the guests will arrive and  there is never the need to  stifle a yawn or surreptitiously glance at a watch, because I know within ten minutes when they will  depart.  That's my kind of party.

Entertainment was, of course, knitting.

There was laughter, food and fibre-y inspiration.    All to the background of Christmas music.  A perfect ladies afternoon.

3 comments:

Vera said...

good looking table and delicious looking pastries... it can't get much better than this! Merry Christmas to you!

Stephanie said...

Aww, that sounds like a great afternoon. :)

Christy J said...

My kind of party too! Desserts look yummy and that teapot is absolutely priceless!