Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In The Meantime

While I give up on give more thought to the 'Easter Top', I have started something more likely to be successful. Another top, but this time, I have the correct amount of yarn. At the correct gauge. And not to mention, in my stash! YEA!! No bank account will be harmed in the making of this top.

The pattern is Skinny Ribs
from Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard. It calls for DK weight yarn and I am using
Fanion by Phidar, purchased in Nanaimo while on last year's B.C. trip . It is cotton, and made up of several very fine strands of thread plied together. Mine is in shades of yellow and green.

My. My. What a surprise. Brenda is going to have another green top. One of these days, I am going to do a bit of research on the difference (Is there any?) between knowing what colour looks good on a person and being stuck in a rut.

Skinny Ribs is another top-down garment. Like my failed waiting Easter Top the pattern starts at the top of the back with a provisional cast-on. You knit down to the armholes and then put the back on hold to do the same thing to the front. I am a couple of rounds away from joining front to back.
From there is should be pretty mindless knitting down to the hem.

Now the question is - should I set it aside to more-likely guarantee an Easter Top will get done, or carry on so I at least finish something?

No comments: